Heirloom Cilantro Coriander -- 300 Seeds
68 days. Broad, celery-like deep green leaves. Used in seasoning pickles and meats. Excellent in Mexican, Chinese, and Latin American dishes.
LIFE CYCLE: Annual
SUNLIGHT: Partial shade / Full sun
DAYS TO MATURITY: 68 days
HEIGHT: 24" (61 cm)
PLANTING INSTRUCTIONS: Germination temperatures 65F-70F. Plant seeds ½" (12 mm) deep in fine well-drained soil. Cilantro does not transplant well. Plant every 3 to 4 weeks for continuous supply. Germination is 12-18 days depending upon growing conditions.
Health Benefits of Cilantro:
- Cilantro has far greater concentrations of antioxidants than any common fruit or vegetable.
- Cilantro contains an antibacterial compound, dodecenal, that has shown to be a safe, natural means of fighting salmonella, a frequent and sometimes deadly cause of foodborne illness.
- Cilantro oil (derived from cilantro) has been found to assist the digestive system in the production of digestive enzymes.
- Cilantro contains good quantities of an alcohol known as borneol that is capable of destroying viruses and germs that cause colds.
- Cilantro is a natural anti-inflammatory and helps to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.
- Regular intake of cilantro helps to reduce bad cholesterol (LDL) and increases good cholesterol (HDL).
- The benefits of cilantro may include an ability to help control blood sugar and fight inflammation. The antioxidants found in cilantro help reduce free radical damage from exposure to sunlight. Research shows that daily use of cilantro helps in preventing skin cancer.
Notes: “FRESH HEIRLOOM NON-GMO NON-HYBRID OPEN-POLLINATED USA GROWN SEEDS.” Our seed packets are packed in small clear plastic zippy bags . Global Food Providers is a SEED RESELLER and NOT a professional grower. If you have other seed planting or growing questions, please do your research carefully via the internet or other media before making a purchase. Our seeds are fresh seeds which have been germination tested professionally by reputable suppliers. Please be advised that we have NO CONTROL over buyer's growing conditions. Global Food Providers seed packets are NOT RETURNABLE due to purity, quantity and quality issues. BUYER PLEASE UNDERSTAND. We are NOT responsible for "non-receipt" of seed items that are shown as "DELIVERED" per shipping tracking details.