Heirloom WHITE WONDER Cucumber -- 100 SEEDS
60 Days. "White Wonder" was introduced in 1893. It has been known by many names since then, including "Albino," "Ivory King," "Jack Frost," "White Slicing" and "White Albino." This slightly 7"-8" oblong cucumber produces abundantly, even in hot weather. Great for salads and pickling!
Days to Harvest: 60 days
Optimum Soil Temp. for Germination : 70F to 80F (21°C - 27°C)
Planting Depth : 1/4 inch (6mm)
Spacing, Row : 4-5 foot (1.22m - 1.52m)
Spacing, Hills : 4-5 foot (1.22m - 1.52m)
Light : Full Sun
USDA Hardiness Zones : All Zones
SOWING : Sow in fertile, well-drained soil after all danger of frost from spring to early summer. For "hill" culture, space 6-8 seeds in groups 4-5 apart. Cover with 1/4" (6mm) of soil, press firm lightly and keep moist. OR sow seeds 8" (20 cm)apart in rows 4-5 apart if growing on a trellis or fence. Seeds can be started indoors 4 to 5 weeks before last frost.
GERMINATION : 7-14 days depending upon growing conditions.
THINNING AND TRANSPLANTING : THIN to 3 strong plants to each group if using "hill" method when seedlings are 6-8" (15-20cm) high. If using trellis method, thin plants to stand 8" (20cm) or more apart.
Suggestions : Keep fruits picked to encourage more production. Keep soil moderately moist during germination
Cucumber Health Benefits:
- Because cucumbers, like watermelons, are 95% water, they keep the body hydrated and help regulate the body’s inner temperature. They also help the body flush out toxins.
- Leave the skin on. The skin contains a good amount of vitamin C, about 10% of the daily recommended allowance. If you do like your cucumbers peeled, the skin can be used to relieve sunburn and mild skin irritations, similar to aloe vera. There is some research indications that cucumbers can stimulate hair growth. Herbalists recommend cucumber juice to reduce puffiness around the eyes and to calm down acne.
- Cucumbers can either relieve acid indigestion and heartburn or cause it, depending on the individual. They are a good source of dietary fiber.
- Because it is rich in potassium and magnesium, it may help to lower blood pressure. Studies by DASH (Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension) show eating cucumbers can help lower blood pressure by 5.5 points in some hypertension prone individuals when coupled with a diet of low starch and lean proteins.
- Other studies have shown that cucumbers, when eaten regularly, help to regulate uric acid, so it is great for prevention of certain kidney or bladder stones.
Notes: “FRESH HEIRLOOM NON-GMO NON-HYBRID OPEN-POLLINATED USA GROWN SEEDS.” Our seed packets are packed in small clear plastic zippy bags . Global Food Providers is a SEED RESELLER and NOT a professional grower. If you have other seed planting or growing questions, please do your research carefully via the internet or other media before making a purchase. Our seeds are fresh seeds which have been germination tested professionally by reputable suppliers. Please be advised that we have NO CONTROL over buyer's growing conditions. Global Food Providers seed packets are NOT RETURNABLE due to purity, quantity and quality issues. BUYER PLEASE UNDERSTAND. We are NOT responsible for "non-receipt" of seed items that are shown as "DELIVERED" per shipping tracking details.