Brand: General Hydroponics
Color: pH Kit
- Designed to work superbly in hydroponic environments, both soil-less mixtures and soil grown plants
- Includes pH Test Indicator tube:fill a test-tube halfway with nutrient, add a few drops of pH Test Indicator, and observe the coloration of the liquid in the vial.
- Includes 8oz bottle of pH Up which is used to elevate it to the desired level
- Contains 8oz bottle of pH down which uses food grade phosphoric acid to lower the pH to to the desired level
- For best results, discard and replace hydroponic solution regularly
Publisher: General Hydroponics
Details: The pH Control Kit by General Hydroponics provides everything you need for testing the pH level of the nutrient solution in your hydroponic system. The pH balance is essential for stimulating vigorous plant growth. Vital elements in nutrient solution having pH that is too high (basic) or too low (acidic) cannot be properly absorbed by plants. Incorrect nutrient solution pH can cause slow growth, sickly plants and low yields. The kit contains pH UP (potassium hydroxide), pH DOWN (phosphoric acid), pH Test Indicator, and a test vial. To test, fill the vial halfway with nutrient solution, add 3 drops of pH Test Indicator per 5 mL of solution, and observe the coloration of the liquid in the test vial. Using either pH UP or pH DOWN, adjust the nutrient solution in your reservoir by adding small amounts of UP or DOWN with frequent re-testing to achieve the desired pH range (typically 5.5 to 6.5 for hydroponics).
Package Dimensions: 8.0 x 3.9 x 2.8 inches